Scarless Buccal Fat Removal
- Reduce chubby cheeks and slims the lower face
- Often combined with facial contouring
- Performed under local anaesthesia
- Incision within the mouth (no external scars)
- 30 min hour procedure, 5 days downtime, 3 months to appreciate the final results
Buccal fat are fat pads that augment the lower part of the cheeks. These are responsible for “chubby cheeks” and can result from weight gain and resolute predetermined genetic predisposition.
Buccal fat removal provides a solution to help those who want to achieve a more chiseled look by reducing the size of their cheeks. Removal of these fat pads therefore results in slimmer silhouette thereby enhancing the facial contour.
This procedure is performed on an outpatient basis with local anaesthesia and takes about 20 minutes to complete. A 2 cm incision is made inside the mouth on each side of the cheeks, through which the buccal fat is removed. This leaves no external surgical scars. Stitch removal will not be required as absorbable sutures are used to close the incision.