Surgical Lip Augmentation
- Volumises lips with microfat grafting for a more lasting effect
- Enhances lip shape and lift the lips
- Often combined with nanofat grafting to treat fine lines and discolouration around the lips and baby face restoration grafting to the rest of the face
- Performed under sedation
- Fat is suction from your area of preference
- After purification, fat is injected into the lips using fine needles (scarless)
- 1 hour procedure, 5 days downtime, 3 months to appreciate the final results
Most of us would find voluminous lips to be a sexually appealing feature, especially with the increasing popularity of such voluptuous lips among models and actresses. On the other hand, with age, the lips gradually become thinner and longer. Hence for older people, lip enhancement is also a means of looking younger.
Fuller lips can be obtained by: [+] Fillers
Fat injection is a more permanent solution compared to fillers. Fat is harvested from one part of the body such as the tummy or lower back. The fat is then processed and injected into the lips. The procedure takes about 1 hour and takes about 1 week to heal.
Other than lip swelling especially during the first 7 days, recovery is generally unremarkable. Painkillers and antibiotics will be prescribed. Chewing should be avoided for 1 week. Consumption of hot food or beverages is not advised for the same period. Gentle toothbrushing is allowed after the first week.