Eyebags Removal (Lower Blepharoplasty)
- Removes eyebags
- Improves tear troughs and smooths the lower eyelid contour
- Tightens the undereye area and removes loose skin
- Performed under local anaesthesia with light sedation
- Incisions are made either along the lower lashline, or concealed within the inner lower eyelid (scarless)
- 2-hour procedure, 1 week downtime, 3-6 months to appreciate the final results
Eyebags are common signs of aging.
They can be corrected by the removal of some fat from the lower eyelid area and redistributing the remaining fat. Compared to the older method in which there is simple fat removal, this technique avoids excessive hollowing over the lower eyelid area that is aesthetically unpleasing. This usually also involves re-suspending the outer corner of the eye.