- Lifts saggy cheeks and gives cheek fullness
- Improves aesthetic facial profile
- Often combined with lower eyelid surgery
- Performed under sedation
- Incision are concealed within the hairline or at lower eyelid
- 2 hour procedure, 1-2 weeks downtime, 3 months to appreciate the final results
The midface is the area between the lower eyelids and the mouth. The soft tissues in the region tend to descend with age, resulting in flat or saggy cheeks as well as hollowing over the lower eyelids.
Midface lift aims to restore the fullness of the cheeks and hence the natural curves. This is achieved by lifting the descended midface/cheek soft tissues back to their original, youthful position. The Endotine device is a new technology that uses 5 “tines”, instead of sutures, to fix the cheek tissue in its new position. As tension is distributed evenly, the device reduces skin irregularities and dimpling that can occur with traditional sutures. Its insertion is simple and fast compared to traditional methods, and has a shorter downtime. The Endotine device is made of absorbable material found in sutures, and gradually disappears over a few months. By that time the midface tissues would have already reattached to the bone in the new position.