(English) Here’s how to know when it’s time to get anti-wrinkle treatments
Anti-wrinkle treatments are certainly one of the most popular aesthetic treatments around. When used in the right dosage, the results from these injections are subtle while improving the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on our faces, all without freezing one’s expressions as opposed to what many naysayers may say.
As a treatment, anti-wrinkle injections has little downtime and is a quick and relatively painless procedure adding to the appeal of this antiaging treatment.
When to get them
If you’ve been considering anti-wrinkle injections but not quite sure of its suitability, you might like to consider these signs.
- Your forehead is one of the first places for wrinkles to show up and if you start to notice furrows or frown lines here, now might be a good time for anti wrinkle treatments.
- Crow’s feet around your eyes become more noticeable. Anti wrinkle injections can relax the muscles in the eye area and reduce appearance of these lines.
- If you’ve smoked before or are currently smoking, you might notice vertical lines appearing above the mouth. Anti wrinkle injections can eradicate these lines for a smoother, more youthful appearance.
- If you are in your 30s and are concerned about wrinkles, anti wrinkle injections can be used as a preventative measure to slow down the aging process by treating existing wrinkles and preventing new ones from forming. This should be combined with a healthy lifestyle and religious use of sunscreen for optimal results.
- Your existing dynamic lines, ie lines which appear when you move your facial features, such as frown lines and crow’s feet, are mild to moderate. Anti wrinkle injections work best for lines that haven’t quite set in and can help minimize their appearance before they become too severe.
While anti wrinkle injections is approved for use for anyone above 18 years old, there’s no real need for it when you below 30 years old as long as you stick to a healthy lifestyle. In SW1 Clinic, most patients who get anti wrinkle injections done are in their 30s. Results from the treatments do not last forever and you will need to repeat your treatments every 3 to 4 months to achieve the best results.
What to consider before anti wrinkle injections
It cannot be stressed enough that it’s imperative that you seek out a known and professional doctor experienced in anti wrinkle injections to carry out this procedure for you. While known for being very safe, there are still risks involved especially if the injection is not administered correctly.
If you plan for anti wrinkle injections to be an ongoing series of treatment for yourself, you need to be fully aware and comfortable with the amount you will spend for these treatments. Speak candidly with your aesthetic doctor about your lifestyle and budget so that there aren’t any surprises for you and your medical practitioner.