How to get abs fast from home
If you ask me, I’ve lost count of the number of days and weeks I’ve been working from home due to circuit breaker and social distancing measures. And if like me you’re missing the convenience of body toning treatments like Magnetic Muscle Sculpting from the comfort of a clinic, here’s what you can do in the meantime to get the abs you want.
#1 Drop the extra weight
Even though you may not be able to see them, you may already have a six pack. It’s just hidden under a layer of fat in your belly region so if you were to reduce your belly fat, you would help your abs become more visible.
The best way to do this is to lose weight and it can be easy if you stick to these 3 steps:
- Keep active and moving. Whenever possible, walk more or engage in more light sports such as running and dancing.
- Engage in short, intense exercise sessions at least 3 times a week. HIIT exercises are highly recommended.
- Follow a low-carb diet to help you burn more fat without going hungry
Read more: Fun quarantine workouts for the family
#2 Work out those abs
Here are a list of the best ab exercises you can do from home
- Planking for 30 to 60 seconds will strengthen your core muscles. Not only does it burn calories, it also engages multiple muscles all at once, benefiting the core strength of your body. Planking regularly will also improve your posture, flexibility as well as give you a tighter tummy
- Side planks and other variations are good for hitting your lateral abs. This exercise tones your shoulders, obliques, and legs from heel to hip and strengthens the deep muscles of your low back which may help with lower-back pain
- Squats and lunges are great exercises for toning your abs and legs, helping to increase overall strength, stabilization, and balance. Additional benefits include toning your buttocks with this workout.
- Add bridges and leg lifts to define your glutes. When done correctly, bridges can enhance core stability by targeting your abdominal muscles and the muscles of lower back and hip while leg lifts strengthen your abdominal muscles.
- Burpees are one of the most effective exercises to lose weight and shed stubborn belly fat.
For better results, do combine these exercises with full-body workouts. Don’t forget about your arms and legs otherwise your results won’t be as good as if you do full workouts.