Easy Recipe Blogs to Follow That Will Have You Cooking Like a Pro
For most of us, eating outside is an experience and a celebration of culture. But that was before the COVID-19 pandemic hit us all and started a trend little known to this generation – that of cooking at home!
With governments around the world urging people to stay indoors, studies suggest that more and more people will now be cooking at home. Aside from being cheaper and more practical, cooking from home opens a world of taste avenues, you didn’t know existed. What’s more, home cooked food tends to be fresher, healthier and devoid of preservatives!
Need some inspiration? Here are five cooking blogs to follow so you never run out of ideas on what to make and can bring that restaurant-like bliss to your home.
Sharon Lam, the woman behind this successful blog, had three goals in mind when she started Delishar— create easy-to-follow recipes for everyone, share recipes with fellow home cooks, and share healthier recipes for families. Her blog has a wide variety of recipes to choose from, so whether you are looking for easy breakfast meals, desserts, soups, or even bread, she has it all stated in step-by-step recipes that are printable and also available on YouTube! Here are some meals you can whip up as you read:
- SPAM Baked Beans with Potatoes – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXf-S9WQ43k
- Creamy Butter Spot Prawns – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5P4fqh24uw
It can be comforting to know that you are starting with a fellow kitchen newbie, like “wiffy” of Noobcook! She posts easy-to-follow recipes to inspire her fellow kitchen noobs to create delicious meals at home. Like Delishar, she also posts step-by-step recipes that are printable to save for future purposes. Her recipes are categorized depending on time, ingredients, favorite cuisines, and she even has a specific category for air fryers and microwaves! Here are some of her recipes you can try:
- Braised Chicken Drumsticks – https://noobcook.com/braised-chicken-drumsticks/
- Avocado Shrimp Pasta – https://noobcook.com/avocado-shrimp-pasta/
Managed by Joyce Ang, Eat WHAT Tonight features tons of recipes that are easy to follow, especially for people who do not like spending too much time in the kitchen. She has recipes that only take 30 minutes and has received several nominations like the Best Food Blog in the 2013 Singapore Blog Awards. She has recipes ranging from Asian main courses, seafood, and desserts such as agar-agar jelly and cheesecakes.
- Bak Kwa and Corn Egg Fried Rice – https://eatwhattonight.com/2020/10/bak-kwa-and-corn-egg-fried-rice/
- Cheesy French Toast Sausage Rolls – https://eatwhattonight.com/2020/04/cheesey-french-toasts-sausage-rolls/
Ellena Guan of Cuisine Paradise has recipes ranging from traditional to international cuisines, such as Western, Japanese, and Thai. The majority of these are simple, traditional dishes that you can make in your own kitchen. If you are in the mood to whip up some tasty desserts or you are craving some soup, here are some recipes for you to try:
- Rose Milk Tea Chiffon Cake – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIc9RWmuS7s
- Cheesy Corn Chowder – http://www.ellenaguan.com/2013/12/festive-brunch-menu-using-perfect.html
For the love of all things sweet and delectable— KitchenTigress has got it all! She also creates recipes for meat, seafood, and vegetable, but she is majorly known for her dessert recipes. If you have been craving some dessert, you can choose from her wide variety of easy-to-follow recipes— whether you have an oven or not. Here are some recommended recipes for you to try:
- No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73E0BYrBsHg
- Portuguese Egg Tarts – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eQ3ZzKz6oA